Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Only Me

Ok, so two stories on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The first "only me" story occurred at Reggae Beach in St. Kitts. I was innocently looking at the monkeys in cages. Out of nowhere this goat tied to a nearby tree rams me in the - well let's just say if I were a boy I'd have been coughing up blood. Now I am left with two giant bruises on my thighs and the laughs and "neighs" of those closest to me. My Cruise Director even announced it on the Daily so all the guests could ask me how I'm doing. Then a few days later while shooting in the theater the A/V Manager starts to lower the floor of the pit while I'm half on it. Yes, I almost died again. This prompted my girl Anna to tell the whole audience about the rough week I've been having, having been rammed by a goat and all. I just shake my head and say, "only me..." And maybe Tine Fey. Yea, me and Tina Fey.

Big news, though. Yesterday my boss got an e-mail telling us that next month I'm going to be transferred back to Europe. I've been asked to be on the broadcast team opening Celebrity's newest ship - the Eclipse. This is really a big honor. Typically people who open ships are the best of the best. I think that I'm one of the few who know Final Cut so well, so there's that reason. I'm still rather flattered though. I'll be back in the Baltic and I have no clue how long I'll be there. I am excited as we get two overnights in Ireland - a fact that nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm very conflicted. I rather like the Summit. I have my posse of girls here. I just got the new equipment settled and organized and I was really looking forward to overnights in Bermuda and Sundays in NYC. Like Sara said, though, I really can get to NYC much more easily than most.

This will be a great experience for me. It's definitely something to put on the resume and now I can have experience on every class of ship. It will be lots more work, but I've done this run already. So I won't be bothered if I don't get to get out in Russia again. One more month on the Summit and I head back to Europe. Shake my head... "only me..." I don't think even Tina Fey can make that claim.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your 'parts'!!! But this is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! :):) Oh you and Tina....

    ReplyDelete