Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh! Is That the Sun?

Training, World Cup, training, World Cup, sleep, eat, World Cup, training. That's been my life. I take over as manager at the end of this cruise - which is a week away. It's been quite hectic in the BCC. I have been off the ship twice this cruise. It makes me yearn for our picnic in Copenhagen. It will be my last time off the ship for I don't know how long. Luckily, though, this is not the kind of ship you mind being stuck on. It's also not the itinerary you feel like you're missing. I've done all the sightseeing these places have to offer. I don't mind focusing on my job for a while. Barring a trip to Stonehenge, there's not much else I'm dying to do out here in the Baltic.

When I do get free time, though, I take full advantage. Drinks at the choo-choo bar in Germany and lunches in the sun of Stockholm. Talking to Swedish locals and nights spent with good friends and soccer are getting me through. I'm quickly learning about soccer and finding I can really get into a game if I'm invested in one of the teams. For example, last night I was riveted watching the England v Algeria game, but right now I'm monitoring Ghana v Australia and well, I'm blogging. I am completely taken in by the US games. I put aside everything to watch the US v Slovenia game and find myself reading more about it on espn.com. I'm even shouting player names at the screen...

Yep, I've been caught up in the World Cup fever. It's just fun to have a chance to cheer for our own countries when we're all so far from home.

Tune in next time to see how well I handle this manager thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment