Saturday, December 25, 2010

This Message is coming from the Bridge...

Santa has arrived aboard the beautiful Celebrity Summit!

Christmas morning on the Summit has been interesting. My closest friends onboard are youth staff so today they look rather jolly in their elf outfits and red cheeks.

Captain Costas made the announcement that Santa had arrived and was headed to poolside. Then as we all looked around there was the horn section of the orchestra leading a posse of elves and Santa Claus to all the waiting children. The kids were so excited and even I got a bit giddy at the sight of our Aussie Santa.

Last night I enjoyed the Christmas carolling in the Grand Foyer, the Philipinno choir singing a family song in Tagalog, Silent Night with candles and midnight martinis.

The day is so bittersweet. I love being surrounded by good friends and so much festivity but the sight of all the families make me miss my own. So to all those I love out there - and you know who you are - Merry Christmas! Can we do Christmas in July when I get home?

No comments:

Post a Comment