Sunday, January 16, 2011

Watch My Mouth

This will be short, but this event must be blogged about.

So things out here have been less than stellar. All details aside let's just say I've been a little frustrated with life at sea. I decided to share these frustrations at dinner and continue them in the elevator ride with my dear friend Lauri. What does this ship do to show her dislike for my comments?

The elevator shakes a few times, knocking my friend and I around and then just stops. Lauri and I begin making the necessary calls - well Lauri does - I proceed to hold on to the rail with visions of Disney's Tower of Terror running through my mind. I began theorizing whether or not sitting or standing in the dirty crew elevator would effect the injuries I'd receive once we plummeted to our deaths. I tried pressing every button, which made Lauri nervous. After a long talk discussing what we would ever do if we ever got out, we were just about to turn one another for food when the doors were pulled open by our savior! A vision in white!

Ok, so it had only been ten minutes and the hero was actually an electrician in white coveralls who seemed rather disgruntled that we had bothered his evening.

That's not how it'll be written in my sitcom one day, though.

I wonder if Tina was ever trapped in an elevator?

No comments:

Post a Comment