Sunday, July 4, 2010

USA is A-OK!

My great to the eighth power grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War. Eleazer Hill fought the Brits to secure my independence as an American. How did I ring in this Independence Day? Taking photos with my best friend onboard - a Brit. He's looking down on me and shaking his head. I couldn't avoid a chuckle at that last night.

Another 4th in another country. Oddly enough, though, this time I'm Russia. Probably one of the last places an American wants to spend the day celebrating their country. I'm staying on the ship today.

Last night we had a USA Day party on the top deck. Not too crowded, but we managed to show people what Americans do. We had beer pong and flip cup and I was rushed with memories of Elon and Duke. The girls beat the boys in flip cup, naturally. It was just fun to paint stars on my face and put on anything red, white and blue.

Needless to say, getting up for work this morning wasn't the easiest. I've just come back from an unsatisfying burger at our crew BBQ. As much fun as the party was, today I'd much rather be in the States with a beer, a burger and plans to see fireworks. As glamorous as it may seem to have this job, and while I'm constantly surrounded by a crew of roughly 1200, there are days like today where I wish I had a 9-5 job, an apartment, a car, and were simply at home.

Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wish you were here, too! I'll drink a beer in your honor!!! I miss you, Pump Tits!
    Love, Honey Butt

    ReplyDelete