Monday, August 24, 2009

My New Friend

It's been a while, I know. Unfortunately since Helsinki about a week ago, I've only gotten off the ship once for an hour in Tallinn. Got a great burger and some free internet time, but nothing else. No money to buy a "visa" for Russia, and no time to get into Copenhagen.

What havev I learned? If you don't get off this ship as often as possible, you go crazy. You get sucked into dramas and everyone begins to annoy you. As we sail to Amsterdam I'm planning how to spend every port this next Baltic tour. EVERY port. Amsterdam I'll get lunch and visit the post. Germany I want to go to Rostock for shopping in the medieval town. Stockholm I must find the Ice Bar. Helsinki I want to shop with Jamie again. First Russia day I may have to stay onboard, but the second one, I want to take a tour to Peterhoef. I hope I get it. Tallinn I want to go to the little cafe in the cave, and Copenhagen I want to wander, shop, and say goodbye to the little mermaid. Sounds good, right? Let's hope I get it all done.

Unusually slow sea day today. It's rocky and my poor spa girls are feeling it worst on deck 11. The sail from Denmark to Holland is always rocky. Not as bad today, but you can certainly feel it. Days like this remind the sea is just as alive as you and me. It breathes, moves, has good days and bad ones. I've made friends with the sea, and don't know if I can ever live too far from it. Thinking back over my short life, even being in Elon felt too far from the sea. There's something about the water that draws me in. I can stand on deck 6 looking over the edge forever, losing track of time and ignoring anything going on around here.

Yeah, the sea and I are buddies. We get each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment