Saturday, August 29, 2009

So Much More Fun Than Searching for a Bomb

This morning the crew had a mandatory bomb drill. As I am not on a search party I pretty much stayed in my room until ordered to go to my muster station where I would normally direct guests to safety. The guests, though, were all out enjoying the beauty of Stockholm. I could merely see it from the window. I was not happy. Neither was anyone else. The minute we heard the the "ding-dong" announcing the drill was over, you wouldn't believe how quickly the crew was moving downstairs towards our rooms. I had laid my clothes out and was ready to go in a matter of minutes.

Val, Anna and I boarded a bus full of crew membes escaping the ship for a few hours. I was put in charge of leading these hungry girls to the previosuly described indoor market with the world's greatest Swedish meatballs. We took our meatballs to sit outside and a bench just outside the market was open, in the shade with a beautiful view of the market. I'm taking it as a little gift from Sweden for our last visit. The meatballs were just as sweet and delicious as I remembered. The girls complimented me on my good call of getting meatballs, and for remembering where the place was! It was a great little lunch.

Then we being girls with free time found the nearest H&M. This place is going to get me in trouble. I was on a search for a shirt I had seen in an H&M in Helsinki almost 11 days. I figure if it's been 11 days and I'm still thinking of how much I want it, I deserve to treat myself. I was seriously on a mission. Val was simply strolling and browsing, I was sniffing out this dark blue, paisley shirt like no one's business. I turned to my friend and claimed it was like searching for that "bomb" this morning, but this was way more fun! I was also way more excited when I found it.

Stockholm granted us a beautiful, crisp day for our last visit. Perhaps the Baltic knows were leaving it soon and wants to leave us with a great impression? I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment